We use 2.6 grams of coffee per fluid ounce of water when brewing AeroPress, which produces a more concentrated brew than most brewing methods. Our recipe makes about 7 ounces (200 grams) of brewed coffee.
- 18 grams freshly-roasted whole bean coffee
- Grinder (we recommend burr grinders for consistency and performance)
- Paper or metal filter
- Stirring utensil
- Hot water (200–205 F)
Steps to Take:
- Weigh 200 grams water, bring to a boil and let cool
- Weigh 18 grams coffee
- Grind coffee medium-fine (roughly the size of granulated table salt)
- Add grounds to AeroPress and level the coffee bed.
- We recommend brewing “inverted” with the plunger on the bottom.
- Begin brewing
- Start the timer and add 100 grams hot water; enough to wet all the grounds and fill AeroPress about halfway. Stir a few times to saturate all grounds and ensure even brewing–this helps to release CO2 gas. Add the remaining 100 grams water, pouring evenly to the top
- At 1:45, stir a few more times, then secure the filter and cap to the AeroPress
- At 2 minutes, flip onto cup or carafe and press down slowly
- Stop pressing when you hear a hissing sound. Total brew time should be around 2.5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!